Technical Writer (FedRAMP and FISMA)
Primary Purpose and Goal of Role
We are seeking a highly skilled Technical Writer with expertise in Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with our team of technical professionals to create, edit, and finalize various system security plan and package documentation required for our federal and commercial customers.
- Collaborate with technical professionals to create, edit, and finalize system security plan and package documentation required for FedRAMP and FISMA projects.
- Work with customers and project teams to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of documentation.
- Ensure that all documentation meets the relevant security and compliance requirements, as well as the quality standards of our organization.
- Conduct thorough reviews and edits of technical documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of FedRAMP and FISMA regulations and guidelines, including system security plan and package documentation requirements and Authority to Operate (ATO) requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and changes in the regulatory landscape, and incorporate this knowledge into documentation and processes.
- Experience working with federal clients.
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technical writing, with a focus on FedRAMP and FISMA projects.
- Experience working with federal and commercial customers.
- Thorough knowledge of FedRAMP and FISMA regulations and guidelines, including system security plan and package documentation requirements and ATO requirements.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical professionals and customers to gather information and develop documentation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience with security and compliance documentation management tools and systems is a plus.
We invite highly talented technical writers to apply for this role, who have demonstrated success in NIST SP 800-53 compliance and bring expertise with Azure and GCCH. The individual selected will be accountable for ensuring conformity to all NIST SP 800-53 standards, so a solid understanding of these concepts is essential. We are seeking candidates ready to start now, so please submit your application quickly if interested.