United States – Must Work East Coast Hours
Up to 10% Travel
Primary Purpose and Goal of Role
A Security Engineer handles the digital security for their company or clients. Their duties include building digital security protocols, operating a cyber security system and maintaining an IT security infrastructure for their organization or their clients’ organizations.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement, and update company’s information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Professional certification in an information security domain such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired
- Agile project management methodology certificate or training preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Five or more years’ work experience as a System Security Engineer or related position
- Proven experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Basic coding skills, such as HTML, CSS and other languages
- Authorized to work in United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to solve complex problems spanning multiple technologies and disciplines
- Demonstrates leadership through ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to resolve technical issues in a 24x7 SLA-bound operating environment
- Collaborates with team members to drive a service-oriented approach, with the ability to focus on and deliver assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Fosters innovation through a methodical approach to change execution, implementation, and documentation
- Communicates effectively with all audiences to provide expert advice on systems-related topics
Quzara LLC is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.