Federal Support Information System Security Officer (FSISSO)
United States – Must Work East Coast Hours
Primary Purpose and Goal of Role
The purpose of the Federal Support Information System Security Officer (FSISSO) is to protect sensitive information systems, networks, and data managed by the federal agency, while the goal of the role is to implement and manage an effective information security program that ensures confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information, as well as compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies. In simpler terms, the FSISSO's role is to safeguard the agency's information assets and maintain its security.
- Implement and maintain cybersecurity policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with federal regulations and agency requirements.
- Assess and mitigate risks related to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information processed, transmitted, or stored by the IT systems.
- Conduct security assessments, including vulnerability assessments, risk assessments, and penetration testing, to identify and address potential security threats.
- Monitor and respond to security incidents, including performing forensic analysis, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing remediation strategies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across federal agencies to ensure alignment on cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Provide regular reports to senior leadership on the status of cybersecurity compliance efforts and any potential security incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in information security, with a focus on risk management, security assessments, and incident response.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining cybersecurity policies and procedures in a complex IT environment.
- Knowledge of federal cybersecurity regulations, such as NIST, FISMA, and FedRAMP.
- Experience with Enterprise Applications platforms, such as SAP, PeopleSoft, or Oracle.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Quzara LLC is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.